DK Discussion

Tell Arthas I said Hi!.

Postby Xakta » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:34 am

Save for situations where my group is AoE'ing a huge pack of mobs down, the only thing I concern myself with when tanking is to keep above the healer on threat on each mob. If a DPS player pulls aggro on a secondary DPS target, I laugh if they die. It's their fault that they're fucking degenerate retards, not yours. I just make sure to switch targets and start building threat on the next guy while DPS finishes the primary target.

I love tanking post 3.0, they made it a lot more fun, but it's still a team effort. Mind you my tank is a Warrior, I can't pretend to know what DK tanking is like.
Xakta 80 Resto Shaman (Enhancement at heart.)
Daedrim 80 Badass Unholy Gnome Death Knight Tanking Character
Vedrimos 73 Priest

“Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.”
Xakta
Menace of the Mediterranean

Postby Nerbutz » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:39 am

you sir, have given me my new sig.
"It's their fault that they're fucking degenerate retards, not yours."

-Xakta 1/9/09
Nerbutz
Swashbuckler

Postby Xakta » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:58 am

The only reason I'm so harsh in my judgement is because the fuck-ups that cause the problems are usually the first to have something to complain about.

Nothing like watching some asshat pull aggro only to die and drop group or start the complain train.
Xakta 80 Resto Shaman (Enhancement at heart.)
Daedrim 80 Badass Unholy Gnome Death Knight Tanking Character
Vedrimos 73 Priest

“Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.”
Xakta

Postby Cadecus » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:03 pm

For people who complain about tanks in general, I urge you to try and tank something. Especially a 20 foot fucking tall boss or your primary targeted mob that a moron rogue will kidney shot at the start of the fight ensuring that you won't have any rage. Better yet, go to one of those private servers which predate the tank threat changes and try holding aggro then.

I maintain that tanking and healing leave little room for error while DPS can wallow in mediocrity all day long and no one will notice.
Cadecus 70 Holy priest
Rudigere 60 Hunter (/emote bow's to the might of Peglegpete)
Sarace 70 Prot Warrior
Prascina 70 frost mage
Cadecus
Officer
Officer

Postby Jaana » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:32 pm

I would suggest a macro that announces "Thanks for pulling aggro. Enjoy your repair bill!"

After a while, people will either not group with you (since they have no appreciation of dark humor, this is a totally acceptible loss IMO) or they will try to be a team player and not a dps whore.
Scientists are always looking to answer two questions:

1. So what?
2. Who cares?

Jaana 70 nerfed Paladin: Enchant 375/Mining 375
Pyrowiz 70 Mage: Enchant 300/Tailor 365 (Spellfire, Scryer)
Qwikhit 69 Warrior: Herb 375/Alchemy 360
Jaana

Postby Cadecus » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:22 pm

http://www.wowinsider.com/2009/01/10/crafted-death-knight-tanking-weapons-removed-from-ptr/

They are saying the rune weapon enchant is enough to get you defense capped, taking away 2H craftable weapons... Sort of lame.
Cadecus 70 Holy priest
Rudigere 60 Hunter (/emote bow's to the might of Peglegpete)
Sarace 70 Prot Warrior
Prascina 70 frost mage
Cadecus
Officer
Officer

Postby Nerbutz » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:56 pm

I'm actually happy with this. If they started introducing 2H tanking weapons, only DK's would want them, which kinda goes against the loot consolidation reasoning behind getting rid of feral attack power weapons, plus if they had introduced them, it means all DK tanks would be basically required to use them for the rest of their lives, until the next instance comes out with 1 new 2H tanking weapon.

-Xakta 1/9/09
Nerbutz
Swashbuckler

Postby Nerbutz » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:06 pm

My new spec blows donkey chunks. Its not horrible, horrible, but like, without familiarity in Blood, I didn't realize that Death Coil ate my global cool downs like it did, and duh, no fucking wonder I never had any runic power for runestrike. (also apparently Obliterate is bugged and doest currently generate RP. Awesome.) Alas Sudden Doom is not for Blood tanks.

I have a new one in the works, (and yes, it is worth it, imo, to change to blood. I already have tons of avoidance, my biggest weakness is effective health, and blood has 6% more stam than any other DK spec, and IMO speccing and gearing for tanking is about covering your weakest areas, not focusing completely on strengths. As I get more and more Defense gear I can regem for dodge/stam/parry and maintain def cap. I am considering the gargoyle enchant, but 4% more avoidance from sword shattering still seems better to me since there's no way I can make that up with just gems due to parry's shit-tastic rating-into-% equation.)

Here's what I got:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

I think it would be good for me to not have DnD on a shorter cooldown. I probably pull packs too fast as it is, and on a boss, or hell, even on a pack, once engaged, I never have BFU up at the same time, so it never gets drops as is, so fuck it.

In regards to annihilation and lichborne, I think another "oh shit" button is a good thing, even though its not terribly powerful, and annihilation will allow me to use oblits instead of Deathstrikes, and considering all the cross-synergy with Blood dps talents, this seems like a good idea to me. Without fully talented Might of Mograine my Oblits were hitting for 4-5K last night so I would think after this they would hit even harder. Blood gorged is mostly for the expertise, I am hardly ever at above 75% health, and DRW, why the fuck not. I'm not giving up any avoidance for it, and while it won't help my threat, all the dps you can get these days counts.

this is up in the air though. I may find it horrible to play without epidemic and morbidity. the meandering venture continues.

-Xakta 1/9/09
Nerbutz
Swashbuckler

[url=https://avto-signal.cf/kakrabotaettonirovka/3054-semnay

Postby PasyEnsunse » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:25 pm

PasyEnsunse

[url=https://avto-signal.cf/kakrabotaettonirovka/3258-gde-ku

Postby PasyEnsunse » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:17 am

Рыбное - 1с бухгалтерия 8.3 расчет зарплаты ведется во внешней программе
loan dao phuc han Milford Connecticut
rent a car in iceland keflavik lighthouses