Wind Serpents vs. Ravagers

Wind Serpents vs. Ravagers

Postby Scubby » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:03 pm

Yes, another pet choice...

And yea, most of you don't care (cause most of you don't play the best class in the game) and those that do (in this guild) aren't raiding all that much. However, I'm going to give up some valuable information on Wind Serpents for our future/current hunters of Low Brow. I'm not including cats in this post because everyone knows my position on them, Ravager > Cat, because Gore > Claw.

After watching some videos (SK gaming KJ kill) and seeing other Hunters in end-game content running around with Wind Serpents I decided to do some research on a new pet. I read an ass ton of posts containing information on Wind Serpents and Ravagers and have come up with the following information:

Wind Serpent
* Learnable Skills: Bite, Dive, Lightning Breath, Cower, Growl, and passive skills
* Best Stat: Damage (DPS: +7%, AR: +0%, HP: +0%)
* Diet: Bread, Cheese, Fish

Ravager
* Learnable Skills: Bite, Dash, Gore, Cower, Growl, and passive skills
* Best Stat: Damage (DPS: +10%, AR: +5%, HP: -7%)
* Diet: Meat, Raw Meat

Wind Serpents have Lighting Breath (LB)... Ravagers have Gore. The main difference is that LB is a cast (Nature damage) and Gore is a physical attack.

Wind Serpent Pros:

1. They do more damage then a Ravager as they have a greater focus dump. In other words, LB uses double the Focus Gore does, so the global CD will be more efficient with LB then Gore. If you have the right % of crit (at least 30%) and you have 2 points in go for the throat (every time you crit you generate focus for your pet with this talent) then LB will generate more dps. This is the whole concept behind a Wind Serpent being better then a Ravager.

2. LB scales with your RAP (so 1.25% of AP is added to LB), the more AP you have, the more damage LB will do. If you have 1000 RAP you give the pet an additional 12.5 spell damage.

3. They eat mage biscuits (how awesome is that!)

Wind Serpent Cons:

1. They do Nature Damage, if the boss is immune to Nature damage (e.g. Hydross) your pretty much gimping your pet.

2. Problems occur when there is an Enhancement Shaman and at least one Boomkin or Elemental Shaman in the Raid. Enhancement Shaman's have an ability called Stormstrike (causes the next 2 nature attacks to do 20% more damage). If your pet is in the Raid taking advantage of this debuff, your gimping the raid as a Boomkin or Elemental Shaman will cause significantly more damage then your pet.

3. You need at least 30% crit (before raid buffs) and 2 points in Go for the Throat to be effective with a Wind Serpent.

4. The LB ability is not effected by sunder armour, frarie fire and other armour pen debuffs. Duhh, its a cast.

Ravager Pro's

1. I'm not gonna restate all these... here it is if your interested: http://forums.lowbrow.ca/viewtopic.php?t=5349

Gore = awesome, but its a physical attack.

2. They are Ugly. Yes, this is a pro.

Ravager Con's

1. They are picky eaters

2. They do less damage then a Wind Serpent given the circumstances.

3. They are really annoying to tame at lvl 70 unless you have your epic flying.

So in closing, a Wind Serpent is > then a Ravager if:

-No enhancement shaman WITH boomkin or elemental shaman in the raid.
-Boss isn't resistant to ND
-You have 30% crit and 2 points in GFTT

Ravager > Wind Serpent if:

-Everything in my above statements is opposite.

Cat > Ravager > Wind Serpent if:

Your ghey and like pretty pets.
You like to give the raid less DPS.
You want to wipe the raid at 1%.
You think stealth is useful in raids because you don't use/know there is such a thing as "dismiss pet".
Your ghey and like pretty pets.

A few things to keep in mind if you DO get a Wind Serpent....

There have been issues where Hunter's would have the LB attack on auto cast... this causes the pet to cast LB and not get in melee range (making kill command USELESS).... there is a macro to fix this problem which you need to add to your shot rotation.

/cast [target=pettarget, exists] Lightning Breath

It is VERY IMPORTANT that you add this, otherwise you'll have issues.

The other thing to keep in mind is to hang on to your Ravager, for obvious reasons, if you fall below 30% crit or the pet doesn't benefit the raid properly then your gimping yourself.

As I have recently been stacking armour pen my crit isn't what it used to be, I think its around 26%, I'm gonna hold off on the Wind Serpent until its where it should be.

I hope this helped you future/current hunters choose the right pet.

References:
Wowwiki
WOW Hunter Forums
Petopia
Scubby - Level 80 Dwarf Hunter
Professions are ghey

Stoneform.org presents:
Crossbows vs. Bows vs. Guns

Crossbow has the word 'bow' in it -1
Bow has the word 'bow' in it -1
Gun has the word 'gun' in it +1

For more information please visit www.stoneform.org
Scubby
Junior Pirate

Re: Wind Serpents vs. Ravagers

Postby Squatch » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:53 pm

Scubby wrote:Wind Serpent Cons:
2. Problems occur when there is an Enhancement Shaman and at least one Boomkin or Elemental Shaman in the Raid. Enhancement Shaman's have an ability called Stormstrike (causes the next 2 nature attacks to do 20% more damage). If your pet is in the Raid taking advantage of this debuff, your gimping the raid as a Boomkin or Elemental Shaman will cause significantly more damage then your pet.

I read in a thread that the dps increase from you having a serpent is greater than their dps loss from SS charges being taken. Also, boomkins use (or should use) mainly arcane dmg except insect swarm. I also read awhile ago that it's also in t6ish gear where having a serpent raises above a ravager (i have no real idea tho, cus hunter forums = bore and QQ a lot).
Squatch
Menace of the Mediterranean

Re: Wind Serpents vs. Ravagers

Postby Scubby » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:06 pm

Squatch wrote:I read in a thread that the dps increase from you having a serpent is greater than their dps loss from SS charges being taken. Also, boomkins use (or should use) mainly arcane dmg except insect swarm. I also read awhile ago that it's also in t6ish gear where having a serpent raises above a ravager (i have no real idea tho, cus hunter forums = bore and QQ a lot).

The first part I'm not too sure about, I guess its possible. I looked up the SK Gaming raid composition for KJ and they didn't have a boomkin or an elemental shaman, but they had 3 hunters, all with Wind Serpents. So I wasn't able to tell if they thought it was an issue or not to have the Serpents eating the stormstrike charges. The overall damage would have to be pretty significant though... a pet does a lot less damage then a boomkin or elemental shaman in decent gear (obviously).

The comment about the T6 is definitely true... like I said earlier in the post, the more RAP you have, the greater the spell damage of the Wind Serpent. A hunter with full-out T6 is going to give the Wind Serpent a huge advantage over the Ravager... I believe this is also true for the type of gear I'm wearing as well... I just don't have the crit atm.
Scubby - Level 80 Dwarf Hunter
Professions are ghey

Stoneform.org presents:
Crossbows vs. Bows vs. Guns

Crossbow has the word 'bow' in it -1
Bow has the word 'bow' in it -1
Gun has the word 'gun' in it +1

For more information please visit www.stoneform.org
Scubby
Junior Pirate

Wind Serpents vs Ravagers

Postby NormaGof » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:29 pm

The wind serpents are a big favourite of mine, although I have often had a hard time bonding with them for some reason. My first hunter had an orange/red wind serpent for ten levels, who I used to RP was a gift from the Elves to him for services rendered, and he was very intelligent, with the ability to transfer his thoughts and opinions to Ceredigion telepathically. He was one of my leveling pets that I really missed once I hit 80, but I didnt have space for him in the stables at the time.

Видела тут любопытный мастурбатор, я неоднократно в командировке, вот хочу своему парню приобрести, как думаете это необходимо, чтобы избежать измены?
NormaGof

[url=https://avto-signal.cf/kakrabotaettonirovka/3379-kupit-

Postby PasyEnsunse » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:32 pm

<html>
sss online inquiry loan balance San Mateo California
4 bedroom house for rent in halifax
<html>
<hr><center>nginx</center>
<body bgcolor="white">
<hr><center>nginx</center>
<body bgcolor="white">
</body>